Call for papers: Youth Sexual Health Symposium 2020
We are accepting abstracts for our upcoming conference! See below for details!
The goal of the symposium is to bring together community youth (ages 16-35 who are part of a youth group/organization, not attending University, or would like to get connected with people of similar passions) and university students to share their research and artistic pieces on youth sexual health. The symposium will provide a crucial forum for youth asserting their right for progressive sexual health education. During the symposium, students, youth, academics, policy makers, and community members working in or interested in the field of youth sexual health will be given the opportunity to network and engage in each other’s work. We encourage students from all disciplines and community youth to present research “in progress,” test out ideas for a thesis or dissertation proposal, or present original research or artistic pieces.
We are interested in work that includes but is not limited to:
- Social justice and sexual and reproductive rights
- HIV prevention, sexual and reproductive health
- Harm reduction
- Trans and intersex sexual health inclusion
- Indigenous and two-spirit sexual health access
- Youth focused access and education initiatives
- Community based methods to engage youth in sexual health research
- LGBTQ2SA inclusive sexual health
- Decolonization approaches to youth sexual health education
- Intersectional approaches to equity and the social determinants of sexual health for youth
- Globalization, migration, and sexual health
- Structural violence and reproductive justice
- Colonialism and sexuality
- Neoliberalism and sexual health inequities
- Artistic approaches to youth sexual health research and education
- Disability and sexual health
- Preserving sexual health and reproductive rights in the Ford era
Keynote Talk: Ciann Wilson (Assistant Professor, Wilfred Laurier University, community sexual health researcher with youth from diverse communities)
Performance: SExT (Sex Education by Theatre)
This is a FREE symposium: A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
*Registration, inquiries, accessibility needs: firstname.lastname@example.org by Mar 13, 2020
For more information on submission guidelines, see pdf here.